Monday 6 April 2009

April

After I spent couple of weeks exploring the techniques to create photomontages, I came to the point where I need to start thinking about the concept/theme for the project. I have already chosen couple of issues which I followed up so far although I need to narrow down the focus now. 

I have done some brainstorming, searching for the aspects that interested me most about the status quo of countries I had been exploring. 

 possible themes of interest: merging of cultures (change)
    icons (juxtaposed)
    identity (traditions, habits)
      people (contemporary)

-one technical adjustment which I will do to my work, is removing the images from the frame... They will be left frameless, with no divider between the images. This way, emerging of the images will be emphasized even stronger. They also create one reality instead of the two previously created when framing was used. When images are seen this way, they find new meanings and context in the place of their exhibition because the surrounding will eventually have created the frame in which the diptychs are seen.
 

No comments: